Friday, April 3, 2009

Florida - Day 1

Well we are on our way to Florida!! Yay!! We have Luke & Caleb with us. We met Julie this morning at 7 am and picked them up. We were on the road by 7:15. That's pretty good for us!
The day was pretty uneventful and for that I am very grateful!! We visited more restrooms ("facilities" according to Luke) today than I can count! We survived an episode of carsickness (Luke) by opening the window and letting the cool breeze blow on him and then he fell asleep! Bonus! We travelled safely through Michigan, Ohio ("why-eye-oh" -Caleb), Kentucky, Tennessee and we are currently stopped for the night in Byron, Georgia. The boys saw some awesome mountains (and wondered why they weren't snow capped) but I don't think they were what they thought mountains would be like. I think they thought we'd be driving up and down steep roads around and around each mountain. I think they were underwhelmed by the reality. (That's only because they weren't driving!)
They are quite a team, these two boys! When Luke tells us that Caleb is hungry or that Caleb has to go to the bathroom, it's a pretty certain thing that it is really Luke that is hungry or has to stop and "use the facilities"! We learned that mommy is a boy!? The conversation went something like this:
Me: Well I guess Alec is the only boy at home now, huh?
Caleb: No, there's daddy.
Me: Yep! Alec and daddy are the only boys home now.
Caleb: No - there's mommy!
Me: Hmmmmm......
Anyways, I can't wait to get to the beach tomorrow! The boys are excited to get to Florida too but I bet they'll be super bummed when they find out that it's still another 4-5 hour drive after we actually cross the state line! Maybe they'll be sleeping then:~)
More tomorrow - with pictures I hope!!

1 comment:

Julie Lynn said...

I miss you, sweet babies!