Friday, February 27, 2009

Crappy Day

Did you ever just have one of those days??? You know the kind......it just goes from bad to worse and not even with anything of great consequence - just one annoying, irritating, frustrating event after another! Well lately that is the way my Fridays have been going.

I used to really really like Fridays. You know, the last day of the work week, anticipation of going out, staying up late, sleeping in, etc... It was an easy work day - take the kids bowling in the morning and then after lunch , a movie or a dance. Lately it's been a different story, just review past Friday posts! Today was no exception.

It actually started out to be a pretty good day when a certain coworker didn't show up. I won't elaborate....suffice it to say that we were all pretty happy that this person wasn't there! Unfortunately for us, it was only a temporary absence:~( And that is my first irritating, annoying, frustrating gripe of the day - people who don't keep their word. Over and over again promises are made and broken - very frustrating!!! And there is another example of the same type of thing that also happened today.

Most of you know that Tom & I are looking to buy a house as an investment with the hopes that Julie & Steve will live there and one day be able to buy it from us. Hopefully a win-win situation. Well we took an offer to the table on Thursday afternoon with the promise from the realtor that we'd hear by Friday afternoon "at the latest". I don't need to tell you that we not only didn't hear back from the realtor but that phone calls were not returned either. Maybe since it's a foreclosed home, he is just not that into it. I don't know, but nevertheless...irritating! Especially since now we'll know nothing until at least Monday.

Okay I'm done complaining for now. Oh, one more thing.....when my kids were little they used to love to be read to and one of our favorite books was called "Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day". I think I'll dig it out and read it again, maybe I'll learn something!

No comments: