Friday, February 13, 2009

Triskaidekaphobia


Triskaidekaphobia - is defined as the fear of the number thirteen especially Friday the thirteenth. I am not triskaidekaphobic......well not before today anyways.

My day (off) started with a phone call at 6:30 am. Unless it's a snow day/no school call, a call at that hour is usually not good news. Today's early call was no different - my dad was calling to let me know that my mom had suffered a seizure. And so I spent the morning helping him with her.

I left them about noon and went to Walmart (I can't stand Walmart! see earlier posts) to pick up a prescription for my mom. I was pleasantly surprised to find that unlike the other day, there was no line at the pharmacy! Unfortunately, they did not have the drug we needed but the pharmacist offered to call around for it (!) and was able to find it at a nearby CVS. Unbelievable! Stacy, the pharmacist, promised to order it immediately "within 10 minutes". So I left Walmart and headed out on some errands, happy that I was in and out of Walmart so quickly. Silly me.

Tonight we left home to take dinner over to my mom & dad and stopped by CVS to pick up the prescription. You know this doesn't end well already, don't you?? Of course Walmart never called this prescription over to CVS (why would they do something right?) and here we are about 6 hours later trying to straighten things out while our dinner is getting colder and colder. Not only that but you know that every person in the CVS pharmacy was coughing, sneezing and sick! Gross! I didn't even want to breathe in there. It took 45 minutes to get the Rx!!! I couldn't get to the Purell fast enough!

So as far as I can tell, I'm still not triskaidekaphobic . But I definitely have a fear of Walmart!
I wonder what you call that??

2 comments:

April said...

I'm so sorry about your mom. I pray she is on the road to recovery.

Michelle said...

Walmartaphobia!!!! I hope all is getting better with your mom (and the rest of your family!)