Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last of 2008


Well it's been a while since I've blogged hasn't it?? Not because I didn't have anything to say. Not because I didn't have time. Not because I was busy babysitting or shopping (even though I did quite a bit of both!). No...I have mostly been without power this entire Christmas break! Most recently the power went out Saturday night and didn't come back on until about 6:30 last night. I was sitting here with Julie, Steve, Chelsea and all the kids yesterday afternoon when we all heard the generator sputter and quit. Naturally the kids thought it was great fun - kind of "Little House on the Prairie". I was not amused. Especially since none of us could find the gas can. Eventually Tom came home with a full gas can and then the lights came on....all by themselves!!! Oh well, we have gas for the generator so we'll be ready next time!
So - I had a great week. I shopped right up until the day before Christmas Eve. I had everything wrapped before Christmas Eve (that never happens!). We had fun Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Went to the movies a couple times, shopped some more after Christmas, visited my brother and his family in Holland one day, slept late - I'll pay for that next week ;~( Yep now it's New Years Eve, tomorrow is New Years Day and after that I still have 3 days before going back to work!!! YAY!!!
Top photo from left to right: Mom, dad, brother Greg, sister-in-law Melanie, me, Maggie, niece Lauren, Tom.
Bottom photo: Brother Greg and sister-in-law Melanie.

No comments: