Thursday, July 2, 2009

July

Well here we are at the end of week three of summer vacation. Not counting the half week that started break. Yep, only 56 days until we go back. CRAP!

So the first week I took 2 grandsons up north - see earlier blog. The next week I worked at school but in a different classroom (our class doesn't run through the summer) during the day and then at church 3 nights for our General Assembly.

Now here we are already at the end of week 3!! And here are the pictures of the week.

This is a photo of my kitchen sink. Grandson Luke got a hold of my camera the other night when he was over. This is really about the only picture suitable for this blog. It is actually the only pic that is in focus. The scary thing is that we were all oblivious to him walking around taking dozens of pictures! Pics of armpits, butts, computer keyboards, closeups of ears, eyes....... You know, all those things that are funny to a 6 year old! Aren't digital cameras awesome? Imagine my surprise had I taken in a roll of film and then seen all those silly pics!?

This was taken last weekend in Ludington at Lake Michigan where we had a nice quiet weekend. Just Tom & I. No kids, no grandkids, no dogs.

This is a house we drove by in Ludington and then had to back up and look more closely......I guess they have a little cottonwood problem there huh? But it totally works for Christmas in July, don't you think??
So then today was another rainy cold day and I'd had about enough of cleaning and organizing and other not-fun-stuff so I went to the movies and saw The Proposal. It was pretty funny! Totally better than more cleaning!
Here's one thing I know - next week will be mostly warm and sunny. How do I know this???
I know this because next week I work! Duh.
BUT --- the best thing that happened this week was that I found a dress for the wedding!!! YAY! Now all I need to find are some shoes! Maybe a trip to Chicago is called for?

No comments: