Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wal Mart

I pretty much hate Wal Mart. For many reasons. In fact the only time I go there is with students on our CBI (community based instruction) trips. The rest of the time I avoid Wal Mart like the plague. Who needs it?? We have a Target here in Hartland. And there is a Meijer on the way home from work. I'm all set. What more do I need???


But Saturday, after Target and Meijer both failed to have a few things that we needed, I went to Wal Mart. I actually found most of what I was looking for and some other items that we needed as well. So I went to the U-Scan lane and proceeded to scan and bag my items. I then prepared a check and took it to the cashier. Here is what happened there...
Cashier: I need your drivers license.
Me: I don't have it. What other ID can I show you?
Cashier: I need your drivers license.
Me: Well I still don't have it.
Cashier: Do you have a credit card?
Me: Yes but I am NOT charging a few groceries on a credit card!
Cashier: How about a debit card?
Me: Okay.
He swipes the card, I enter the pin and it is rejected. Twice. He actually hands me a little rejection slip just to make his point I think!!
At this point we are in a standoff. I have walked around that over heated store three times collecting this stuff and no way am I leaving it there without it. Not yet!
Cashier: How about a credit card?
Me: Okay...whatever!
I hand him the card.....and this next part is completely true....he wasn't kidding either......
Cashier: I need your drivers license.


ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??????

At this point I ask you - what choice did I have? I unloaded 4 bags of stuff from my cart onto the cashier stand and walked out of that store!


No comments: