Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Okay - finally a minute to post a real update.Yay!!
So a few weeks ago I went with my friend to a craft class. We made these cute craft things that you see in the photo below. They look pretty simple to make don't they? But no.....they were so not simple! In fact I learned that night what it must feel like to be mentally challenged. The instructor was speaking English and although I understood the words she was saying there was just no way that was translating into the actions needed to create the craft. My mind was a big "huh?" all night. I'll never be invited to another craft class with that friend I guess.
Back to Thanksgiving.....Here are Murphy and Cadi waiting patiently for Tom to drop some Thanksgiving treats to them. It isn't like there is a shortage of food *falling* on the floor. After all there were 7 kids under 11 here! I doubt the dogs missed much!
Here we have table number one with Great grandma & pa, Julie, Linnea, Alec & Luke.

Here in the other room is table number two with Selah, Caleb, Nathan, Steve, Eddie, Christina & Olivia

Christina and Olivia made these cute turkey cupcakes.

Alec made this centerpiece of "the First Thanksgiving" out of Legos. (I love that all the people are clone troopers! It just adds that little something special, don't you think?)

After dinner the little boys played Wii. For hours. I think they're getting their own Wii for Christmas - shhhh don't tell!

And the little girls played Barbies. What else?? Have you ever eavesdropped on the conversations of a 2 year old and a 3 year old?? Hilarious!!!


Maggie wasn't quite old enough for Barbie......maybe next year. But she loves her new princess throne.....I mean chair!

And it wouldn't be an event - any event - if Luke didn't take off with my camera taking picture after picture of noses, butts, the wall, the lights, the carpet and just plain weird stuff!! You just never know what you'll find when you get your camera back from Luke. Like this shot of Maggie's eye?!


Thank goodness it's all digital. If I paid to have a roll of film developed and found those shots I might just be a tad cranky!!

No comments: